Lana Del Rey tells the world “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd”

Lana+Del+Rey%E2%80%99s+new+album+%E2%80%9CDid+you+know+that+there%E2%80%99s+a+tunnel+under+Ocean+Blvd%E2%80%9D+with+her+third+%0Atrack+%E2%80%9CSweet%E2%80%9D+played+on+a+DHS+students+phone.+

Lana Del Rey’s new album “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” with her third track “Sweet” played on a DHS student’s phone.

Last week, the indie artist Lana Del Rey released her new album “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” on March 24, 2023. Her album includes 16 tracks featuring a few underground artists such as Jon Batiste, SYML, Father John Misty,  RIOPY, Bleachers, and Tommy Genesis. This latest release is Lana Del Rey’s 10th studio album and first album since 2021. Most recently, Lana Del Rey has been featured in a couple of songs from artists like Taylor Swift and The Weekend. This new album’s whole collection of songs has a way of telling a story. It feels like a series of handwritten letters that have never been sent. Her song “Sweet” is a fluttery piano ballad, especially incorporating that handwritten letter feeling. 

The original tracks from her album are titled:

1. The Grants
  2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  3. Sweet
  4. A&W
  5. Judah Smith Interlude
  6. Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
  7. Jon Batiste Interlude
  8. Kintsugi
  9. Fingertips
  10. Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
  11.   Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing (feat. RIOPY)
  12. Let the Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
  13. Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
  14. Fishtail
  15. Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
  16. Taco Truck x VB

This album is now one of my favorite albums she’s made so far. Her voice is so beautiful and angelic that it’s almost hypnotic when you listen to her sing. My favorite song on her album could be A&W, which is slowly becoming a popular audio on Tiktok with about 34,000 videos so far. I like it because it has various tones which creates a good beat and explains why it’s popular. My other favorite song is Paris, Texas. which, also again, is slowly starting to become popular on social media in general, since it was released. This song specifically shows her celestial voice which is my favorite thing about Lana Del Rey. It’s such a soft and sweet song that I find so calming as I easily get lost in the lyrics. 

A freshman at DHS named Kalia Anthony shared her opinions about Lana Del Rey’s album. “I think it’s pretty cool that she released it. It’s been a while since the fandom got new music and I’m glad we are hearing from her again.” As I said about the song “Paris, Texas”  slowly becoming popular it is one of Anthony’s favorite songs on the album. “Peppers and Paris, Texas are my two favorite songs because they both have good beats, and Paris, Texas is giving off the movie ‘Coraline’ vibes,” Anthony claimed. She has been a big fan of Lana Del Rey since Del Rey released her album “Born to Die” which came out in 2012. Another student here at DHS named Jordis LeBron talks about her opinion of this new album and Lana Del Rey in general. “I thought it was cool that she released a new album,” LeBron said. “On her new album, I like A&W.” LeBron has been a fan of Lana Del Rey for about, “2 years”. Lana Del Rey is loved by many fans for a variety of reasons. LeBron loves her because “ She’s gorgeous, I love how long her song titles are and she has an amazing voice and she is an icon.” She also stated, “I feel like she is gonna keep making more albums but it’s gonna be a while until she makes more.”

Another freshman student had her opinions thinking about Lana Del Rey’s album “I was very excited that she released another album and I think it’s one of the best she’s done.” Her favorite songs were, “ Peppers and Let The Light In.” The student also claimed that Del Ray is, “unique and doesn’t care what anybody else thinks and that’s what I love about her.”

Lana Del Rey has done it again with this wonderful album. With the number of fans she has around the world and the fans that she has here at Durango High School, her fantastic songwriting abilities have created a beautiful album and I hope she will keep amazing her fandom.