Gillian Holmgren October 24, 2018
Football(5-2):
10/13 24-6 vs. Pueblo Central HS

It was the Demons’ fourth consecutive win. The team is now 5-2 overall and 2-0 in the Class 3A South Central League. The Wildcats fell to 4-3 and 0-2 in the SCL. DHS remained tied atop the league standings with Pueblo East (5-2, 2-0 SCL). Those two teams will meet the final week of the regular season at 7 p.m. Nov. 2 at Dutch Clark Stadium.

Volleyball(7-9):
10/11 3-2 Loss vs. Fruita Monument HS
10/13 3-0 Win vs. Grand Junction HS
The Durango High School volleyball lost to Fruita Monument Thursday night at DHS, falling in five sets, 19-25, 25-18, 22-25, 25-22, 18-16.
The Demons (6-10, 2-4 5A/4A Southwest League) were led by senior middle blocker Taylor Wolf, who had 13 kills, while outside hitters Millie O’Ketter and Lily Chick had 12 kills each.
Durango High School volleyball’s junior outside hitter Millie O’Ketter hit a serving roll midway through the second set against Grand Junction Saturday at DHS and never looked back. O’Ketter led her team back from a 21-16 deficit midway through the second set and the Demons won 11 out of the final 12 points in the set. DHS went on to win in straight sets, 25-21, 25-21 and 25-11.  
Boys Soccer(12-1-1):
10/13 1-1 Tie vs. Grand Junction HS
Durango (12-1-1. 6-0-1 SWL) had two golden opportunities to win it in the extra periods, but failed to do so. In the first overtime, Townsend had an opportunity that went wide, and in the second period, senior forward and team captain Logan Fullington had the best chance of the night. He beat the goalkeeper on a 1-v-1 situation, but his shot went over the crossbar. The match finished level at one.  

Softball(10-13):
Season Completed
Boys Tennis(2-6):
Season Completed
State Tournament Results
“It was a great experience for the boys to see that environment,” Batiste said. “It took (Aedan and Calan) a little bit to get acquainted, but they came across a great team in Cheyenne Mountain, and they have an all-around great tennis program. They came across probably the best doubles three team I’ve seen all year. But they picked it up, got a feel for the game and kept competing, and I thought they did well.

Boys Golf:
Season Completed
All-State Team
Durango High School junior golfer Ethan Whidden was named to the first team of CHSAA’s all-state list Wednesday. The all-state teams were based upon results at the state championship, which were held at Flying Horse Golf Course in Colorado Springs last week. Whidden finished tied for 10th place at the Class 4A state tournament last week, when he shot 5-over-par 77 in the final round and a career-low 76 the previous day, which brought his final two-round total to 153.  
Cross-Country:
No Results reported 

DHS Mtn. Bike Team:
Animas and Durango high schools combined to win four conference championships during the Colorado Cycling League’s regular season of mountain biking, while the Durango Demons won the Division 2 south conference title.  
Now, the Demons will try to repeat as state champions when they host the Colorado Cycling League state title races Oct. 20-21 at the trails at Durango Mesa Park.  

The DHS mountain bike team won the south conference championships this weekend in eagle.  

COleague-1-1.png
header-logo-1.png

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – High School Cycling League State Championships

For the first time since its founding in 2010, an interscholastic high school cross-country mountain bike race is coming to Durango and it’s the State Championships. Durango and Animas High School teams and riders have consistently been atop the podiums for many years and now it’s our turn to show off what makes our home in the mountains such a great place to live and bike.

Race days would not be possible without the incredible work of volunteers. Many of the 350 available spots will be filled by visiting parents from all over the state but as the host city, we need to make sure all the remaining spots are filled. If Durango “knocks it out of the park” we will have a Colorado High School Cycling League race in Durango every year for years to come. The Colorado League depends on family, friends, and supporters to create the excellent experience that defines our events where every youth shines.

Join us the weekend of Friday, October 19th – Sunday, October 21st  in Durango to support these inspirational student-athletes as they test their abilities at the state championships.

Click on the volunteer sign-up for the weekend below.

CO League 2018 State Championships in Durango Volunteer signup 

Many volunteer shifts are 2-3 hour shifts to make it easier for parents to help out and be a part of the action. Volunteer 6 hours a day, gets you a volunteer t-shirt and lunch.

You can win some excellent League swag as Volunteer of the Day!

Each race day, there is a drawing among the volunteers who gave their time. For each volunteer shift a person is registered for, they’ll get a raffle ticket. At 4:00 pm each day, we draw a winner. The more you volunteer, the more likely you are to win! Course Marshals get two tickets for each shift.

With gratitude for your service to youth!

This Weeks Events: 
Football:
Oct. 19th(Friday) –
                              6:00pm Varsity vs. Pueblo South HS @ DHS
Oct. 20th(Saturday) – 
                              1:00pm – V vs. Pueblo Central HS
Boys Soccer:
Oct. 19th(Fri) –      all day
                             2:30pm – Varsity @ Fruita Monument HS at Canyon View Park
                             4:30pm – JV @ Fruita Monument HS at Canyon View Park
Volleyball:
Oct. 18th(Thur) –   dismissed after 5th period
                             5:00pm – JV @ Pagosa HS
                             4:00pm – C @ Pagosa HS
Oct. 18th(Fri) –      all day
                             5:30pm – Varsity @ Fruita Monument HS
                             4:30pm – JV @ Fruita Monument HS
Oct. 20th(Sat) –
                             11:00am – Varsity @ Montrose HS
                             10:00pm – JV @ Montrose HS                             
Softball:
Boys Golf:

Boys Tennis:
Cross-Country:
Oct. 17th(Wed) – dismissed after 4th period
Oct. 18th(Thur) – all day
                          Regional Meet @ Colorado Springs
Cheer:
Oct. 19th(Fri) – Performing at Home Football Game vs. Pueblo South HS
Dance:

Marching Band:
DHS Mtn. Bike Team:
State Championship in Durango 10/20 and 10/21

Leave a comment.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*