Demons Slam Dunk their Way to Playoffs

Gwen Stoddard, Online Sports Editor

The boys and girls Demon basketball team have had an impressive season and it only continues. Both teams have made it to the off-season playoffs, and both teams are looking to win this weekend on their own court at Durango High School.

For the first time in many years the boys team has made it to the state playoffs, currently with a 6-2 record and second in the 5A/4A Southwestern league, they are only just behind Grand Junction Central. With their first play-off game coming up on Saturday, Feburary 25th at 4pm the team has been practicing non-stop all week in preparation to show the Elizabeth Cardinals what Demon basketball is made of on their own home turf with the support of their fans.

Lady Demons basketball has also made a huge impact with their roster of 14 talented girls, leaving the season and heading into the off-season with a league standing of 6-2. Fruita Monument High School is the only team above them in the 5A/4A Southwestern league. Their second play-off game will be Friday, February 24th at 7pm at Durango High School. No need to drive far, and the first 100 people get in for free, after that its only $5 for students and $7 for adults at the door. Come and show support for Demon basketball!