The Demon’s Advocate

The Demon’s Advocate

Caroline Knight

Disclaimer: While this column does contain awesome and solid advice, it does not reflect the views of the entire El Diablo Staff nor of the DHS student body, just those of a teenager.

How do you not procrastinate? – Al Wayslate

Good question, let me think about it and get back to you.

Why isn’t high school like high school musical? Why don’t we all sing and get along together?- Shocked and Confused Freshman

I personally cannot relate, as I sing 24/7 (much to the dismay of everyone around me). True, my choreography is not as well versed as that of East High, but high school (just like everything) is what you make it, so make it fun. Participate in spirit week! Join a weird club! Also, did you even watch high school musical? Troy and Gabriella hardly got along half the time. If you want that kind of mad drama in your life, theater is where you belong. Dear theater kids, I am PUMPED for Beauty and the Beast.

When do you know you should take harder classes?- Bored in Yoga Journaling

Dear Bored, I knew I should take harder classes after I started watching Harry Potter Marathons instead of doing my homework every weekend and still getting A’s. If you feel like school is just a waste of time, even in the subjects you usually like, maybe it’s time to make a change. Luckily, DHS has a ton of options in terms of how hard you want your classes to be, and also really good counselors to help you out with that. That being said, make sure you still have enough time to do things you like to do. For me, that’s sitting on the couch for forty-eight hours watching Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley’s relationship evolve over seven years. If it’s the same for you, please call me so we can hang out.

All of the Demon’s Advocate questions are submitted by real DHS students. If you have a question for the Demon’s Advocate, or want to comment on the answers above, submit to eldiablodhs@gmail.com, your anonymity will be respected.