New Potter play might get a little harry

Jaden Rioux, Reporter

The wizarding world of Harry Potter as we know it is about to become more real than ever. The author of the beloved series, J.K. Rowling, has announced that “Harry Potter and The Cursed Child” is going to be the eighth story in the series and it’s not a book; it’s a play. The rundown of the plot was posted on Rowling’s site, Pottermore:

“It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.”

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.”

The story will take up right where it left off; at platform 9 ¾ where a now adult Harry sends his children off to Hogwarts.  There is a high level of anticipation among fans including Arizona Jr. Rheanon Koss. She admitted to not being a fan of plays and would have prefered a novel instead, but is still excited nonetheless.

“Being a die hard fan, I would watch anything Harry Potter, even a play. No true fan could pass up the opportunity to learn even more about the wonderful wizarding world,” Koss said.

Rowling hasn’t released a Harry Potter book since 2007 and for some younger students, it’s a little obsolete. Some even went as far as to criticize the homecoming theme this year claiming it to be outdated and no longer relevant. However, for a lot of students, Harry Potter lives on. Freshman Mic Anderson, who’s wizard outfit won the homecoming costume contest, admitted that the Harry Potter merch actually belonged to her sister.

“I am not a huge fan,” Anderson said but later went on to compliment the series. “People love Harry Potter because it’s a story focused on bravery and friendship, fused with magic and fantasy. Everyone can identify with a character and it’s a great story for all ages,” she said.

While muggles fail to understand, ‘Potterheads’ look forward to this enthralling new installment in the series because for most, Harry Potter never truly ended. The spells and characters live on in the imaginations of millions and the next story will only add to the magic.